With the final games of the NBA’s regular season last night, the league released its traditional jersey sales rankings. Derrick Rose took the top spot for the first time in his career, but that’s not really the big story.
Remember, Lin jerseys didn’t even hit the market until February and the sales ranking started in April of last year. When Linsanity kicked into full swing, people started buying!
Not only did New York Knicks fans embrace the phenom, but people around the world ponied up the dough to buy Lin gear.
Experts also say that his Asian heritage likely helped drive international sales too.
The most heavily sold team was the Chicago Bulls, followed by the Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks, and Boston Celtics.
Check out the full list below.
Top 15 most popular NBA jerseys:
1. Derrick Rose, Bulls
2. Jeremy Lin, Knicks
3. Kobe Bryant, Lakers
4. LeBron James, Heat
5. Carmelo Anthony, Knicks
6. Dwyane Wade, Heat
7. Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks
8. Kevin Durant, Thunder
9. Blake Griffin, Clippers
10. Rajon Rondo, Celtics
11. Amar’e Stoudemire, Knicks
12. Ray Allen, Celtics
13. Paul Pierce, Celtics
14. Dwight Howard, Magic
15. Chris Paul, Clippers
- Jeremy Lin Beats Kobe, LeBron In Jersey Sales; Rose Tops List (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Rose, Lin top Kobe, LeBron in NBA jersey sales (espn.go.com)
- Jeremy Lin Second In NBA Jersey Sales, Ahead Of Kobe Bryant And LeBron James (newyork.sbnation.com)
- Derrick Rose Has the NBA’s Top-Selling Jersey This Season (slamonline.com)
- Rose, Lin Rank 1-2 In Jersey Sales (hangtime.blogs.nba.com)
Incoming search terms: